- This event has passed.
WLT Workshop on Teaching the Travel Thematic Unit
March 24, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Workshop Presenter: Daniel Fishman
The focus of this World Languages teachers’ workshop is to explain specifically how one might teach a 6-week thematic unit on travel in either French or Spanish. The curriculum includes:
- vocabulary lists with accompanying formative assessments
- multiple links to and/or documents of authentic resources (videos, readings, recordings, and infographics
- personal tools and techniques for teaching interpretive reading and listening
- classroom scenarios for practicing interpersonal speaking
- suggestions for teaching presentational writing skills
- ready-to-use summative assessments measuring the three communication modes.
- models of scoring checklists and grading systems
- suggestions for aligning the standards-based 1-4 scale with traditional averages.
- sample recordings of student interpersonal speaking assessments.
The entire file will be available for sharing on Google Docs
The day’s agenda will follow the above sequence, step-by-step, with short breaks as needed and a 45-minute lunch break at a convenient time.