- This event has passed.
Introduction to Quality Project Based Learning, Grades 6-12
May 11, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
with Lee Anna Stirling, in the MPR Room
With concrete examples and using multiple resources such as hands-on activities, video of upper grades challenge-solving projects, a Planning Guide, and other online and hard copy materials you develop an outline for a quality project based learning unit.
Your students will be motivated and progress with academic standards and success proficiencies.
In Introduction to Quality Project Based Learning you:
- Learn quality project based learning’s features
- Select an actual or role-played real-life challenge your students will work to solve
- Outline your students’ products and possible product choices
- Learn about student presentation formats
- Identify content standards and one or more success proficiencies your unit forwards
About the Presenter:
Lee Anna Stirling, Ed.D. (Teachers College, Columbia) has been a teacher, administrator, and instructional coach, works in schools, research, and presents workshops on Quality Project Based Learning, Supporting Students’ Inquiry and Educators’ Peer Coaching. Lee Anna has provided deeper learning for elementary, middle school, high school, college, and graduate students and she writes about deeper learning topics in her blog.