- This event has passed.
Future of Aroostook County Educators Symposium: FACES of Education
November 17, 2022 @ 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Teachers, educational technicians, pre-service teachers, administrators and high school students, and anyone interested in joining the field of public education is invited to an event to bring all stakeholders together to:
- Describe and provide a framework for the critical need of new teachers, and importance of retaining current teachers in the profession.
- Provide structure and support for multiple teacher recruitment and retention stakeholders to listen, learn, collaborate, connect, and reflect.
- Identify critical issues impacting teacher recruitment and retention in Aroostook County.
- Identify strategies and targeted action steps for teacher recruitment and retention.
- Share pathways and opportunities for recruitment, certification, and employment.
- Share stories of teachers’ collective impact and the critical “why” of the profession, in order to underscore the compelling importance of the profession and potential to positively shape lives.
Participants will be provided light, catered refreshments, have the opportunity to engage in conversation at various content-specific “table talks”, and hear from several keynote speakers, including Superintendent Benjamin Sirois, and Educate Maine’s Kaitlin Young, all focused on the topic of recruitment and retention of educators.